Writing is not a Job as Indian Civil service

Dad, I want to be a scriptwriter?

He Gets away first and come back with speed and shouts " writing is not a job, writers are not capable of earning money for food and it is a job of unintelligent people".

When he said that it is the job of the unintelligent person from that time I promise myself that I will not reveal again anything about my passion or writing.

After some days, he explained to me that, you will get plenty of time after your job. Then you will write. 

How can I just understand him that, my ultimate goal is to win an Oscar award and if I don't start this time of my life in movie making then I may not achieve that goal ever. For a Hollywood filmmaker winning an Oscar is easy but for me, a boy from an unheard village from Odisha to achieve the Oscar is like climbing the 10times Mt Everest. And I only know about scriptwriting and I want to know all about movie making and at some point directing the movies.

He is still pissed off at the fact that moviemakers are the idiot and bad people and for writing, there is no need to study. 

He is a religious man and always write about religion and religious song. And for this only fact that he never spent his time reading any books, I don't read his writing. He thinks that all of his thinking is right. But how can he be so sure about anything if you haven't read anything about them?

For him, I don't pass any competitive exams and is not intended to do any government job so my education has gone to waste. My lower percentage of scores in college makes him think that they waste a lot of money. For him, I should admit to law when I was in Delhi preparing for UPSC.

The family will always put you in a cage and pressure you to fly and then they will say you have no wings to fly.

And I didn't want to try for any competitive exam because it's a waste of timing to remember so many facts which won't create value in my career. This is my point of view. I have not stopped reading, I started to Dostoevsky and other books which will help my writing career.

Support the blog
Stay safe and stay healthy

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. creativity is the result of an abnormality you must make sure that you have an orientation in your thinking, expression, and reading content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sir, for your response.
      For me, creativity is not an abnormality but the conscious decision to look from a different point of view. As the saying goes by "There is nothing new in the world, our expression makes the thing feel as new and we feel that creative.

      Delete

Close Menu