MCU: My Cinema Universe

I am the sole owner of my cinematic universe. Don't be concerned about it. My cinematic universe began when I was five years old, in early 2000. Having a black and white TV in the house was a status symbol in a tiny village in Odisha at the time. The television was present, but the programming was unavailable. Only DD nationals are allowed. The only thing I recall is that every Sunday at 4 p.m., an Odia movie will be shown. Our house was packed with moviegoers, and the electricity went out many times shortly before the climax, causing everyone to scream and curse the power company. After the movie, some kids come out and replicate the action portions with their own bodies.At the time, I had a strange concept that the good movie was one in which moviegoers sobbed.


I was sent to a boarding school while I was in class one, so I avoided movies for a while. Our hostel began playing movies solely on Sundays while I was in fourth grade. Many times, our teachers attend movies based on their preferences; at the time, I didn't know Hindi, so I was a little bored. But, I'm not sure why, but they started playing movies like Stewart Little, Jumanji, and the Baby, and I was always hoping that Sunday would be there two times a week. When I initially saw Jumanji, I thought it would always be the best film for me. But after a month, something amazing happened, and my perspective shifted.I went to the movies for the first time with my family, and that Odia film was so excellent that I thought it was the best movie ever at the moment. When I have money, I still go to the large dark theatre with the stirring sound and clapping.


As I grew older, so did my knowledge, and as a result, the school changed as well. I find myself at a large hostel. I only started that school a year later, so all of my classmates didn't know who I was. There is a way in which teachers are discriminating. They choose which students are allowed to attend movie nights. On movie nights, I and many of my classmates were left alone to see 3 Idiots. And I am still enraged at that particular teacher for his bigotry. Later, I was promoted to movie evenings, but owing to the discrimination and student protests, the movie nights were cancelled.

I moved into a college dorm. And for the first three-four months, I hadn't seen a movie anywhere until a friend of mine advised that I watch an Odia film that had lately become a superhit. I'm telling you the truth, we bought two black tickets and there was a large crowd at the gate. When the gate opened, we rushed in like we were swimming towards the theatre. The theatre was completely full. The movie was fantastic. It was a lot of fun for me. I saw that movie four times in the theatre with different friends,  I and the theatre have only in common between us.
And my movie journey progressed quickly.I began viewing dubbed Telugu and Tamil films. South movies are one of my favourites. And I exclusively watch Bollywood movies in theatres at that time. I saw at least 200 movies in the theatre throughout my five years as a student in Cuttack. In the meantime, I began to watch solely Marvel and superhero films in Hollywood. At the conclusion of college in Cuttack, I was certain that one day I would be a movie director, but I had no idea when that would happen. I didn't even make an attempt.

The hostel inhabitant relocates to a PG in Delhi. The MCU thereafter underwent a significant transformation. Because I was busy studying, I learned a lot of new things and watched a lot of movies. And then the Bahubali 2 trailer came out, and the film was released on April 28, 2016, and I didn't have anyone to attend with me that day, so I bought a ticket for the morning show the next day. I walked out of the theatre certain that I would only work in the film industry. I watched that movie in the theatre for three days in a row and was completely immersed in the fantasy world. I finished viewing all of Bahubali's YouTube videos.

 I was certain that I wanted to work as a director. But the exam was approaching, and I was prepared for it, so I finished the exam and began looking for ways to work in the film industry without having any prior experience or knowledge of the field. So I began viewing all of Hollywood's classics and began to feel like what I had been seeing for all of these days. I wanted to be a director, so I assumed I'd have to create my own screenplay as well. I even finished a script and entered the contest. When the contest organisers email me, I find out that my script's plot has already been submitted. Even I remembered seeing a couple of films with that plot in recent years.I proceeded to write short films and honed my scripting skills.I downloaded a lot of screenplays but only read a few of them. After a year, I created a script and stopped studying, but my family became tense and my studies were disrupted, so I went back to studying. But I'm still working on a screenplay. I've also emailed a script to producer Gmail. Time has passed, and I am now confined to my home. I don't have enough money to approach producers and ask them to see my script. The MCU is still operational. I started blogging because I wanted to keep writing. Hopefully, you will be able to see my film in a theatre one day.

The ultimate desire is to hold an Oscar and stand for a few minutes, making everyone uncomfortable, before saying thank you and exiting the stage.

Also, check out: MCU





Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu